
For a long time now, I've been wanting to be part of a metal band. That's been
my dream ever since I was a kid, watching Hair Metal videos on MTV, getting so
fascinated by the glam, spandex, and big wild hair. Recently, I've been trying to get a hair metal band of my own started, but because of a cousin of mine taking what I said as a joke and taking it seriously, it's been making me so despondent, and now things have been put on hold... If not postponed because of this. I know for a fact that all of downtown Greensboro, Battleground Avenue, Friendly Shopping Center, and High Point Road are home to metal-heads and aspiring musicians. But, as far as the city of Denton, North Carolina is concerned, it lacks heavy metal, and all you see around you are a bunch of tobacco chewing, pot-smoking, muffin-topped, pot-bellied inbred hillbillies who are comfortable with their shitty country lifestyle and don't want to move into the city because all of their dumb-ass redneck friends and pot connections live there. To me, Denton itself is the 9th ring of hell. Randleman, on the other hand, that's where I live, plenty of metal heads, and not a dry store for miles around. Despite the closed-minded dummies that dwell, it's a pretty nice place.
For some of you that live in North Carolina or in the Guilford and Randolph County area, and you were born during the 1970s and 1980s, you are pretty familiar with the metal and hard rock scene, and you know the whole hair metal/glam metal scene.
For some of you that were not born in the 70s and 80s, and you are not familiar with hair metal, here is a sample of hair metal:






For those who are stuck on Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, The Jonas Brothers, and all that other kiddie bubblegum pop trash you listen to along with rap, what you just saw is heavy metal. Yeah, that's right, Heavy Metal!
When it comes to looking for an aspiring musician to make into a fellow band member, it seems like all I ever find are teeny-bopper pieces of crap and no real metal-heads. So I'm suggesting to you, that if you live anywhere in Guilford County or Randolph County, and you've had previous experience playing in a band, I would very much like to hear from you. The metal project I've been trying to tweak and revamp is a hair metal band entitled "Sisters of the Night", but because of a few incidents, the name was changed to "Sisterhood of the Traveling Spandex", which I think is also a good appropriate name for a hair metal band.
Me and my friend Paul Wingfield are looking for the following:
Guitarist
Drummer
Keyboardist
Backing vocalists
Bassist
If you have any information, please feel free to contact me
At home: 1-336-799-4482
Myspace: www.myspace.com/beastlooseinparadise
Twitter: Chainsawbuffet3
No comments:
Post a Comment